A story of how a small side project I started as an intrapreneur grew into a national information system, currently used in seven Finnish museums.
Data dashboard / weather station that calculates and retrieves data from different API’s and displays them on a screen run by a Raspberry Pi computer.
(Project description in Finnish)
Service that scrapes air quality data from a website and republishes it as JSON API.
Example data from downtown Helsinki.
Tools to read DwC biodiversity data files (from GBIF) and import them into Elasticsearch index. Easily handles >20 million rows on a desktop computer.
Collection of small tests and things to learn.
Service that scrapes parliament votings data and publishes it as XML API. More information in English.
Tools to record weather and other data from ioBridge sensors to MongoDB database.
Blog posts in English
- From a Side Project to a National Information System: Agile Development in a Museum 2016-01-17
- Trouble and solutions with museum specimen identifiers 2015-08-13
- Strategic thinking and planning 2015-03-15
- Why I like Twitter more than Facebook or Google+ 2012-03-20
- Finnish Parliament votings API 2011-05-24
- Nature of Santorini, Greece 2006-09-28